Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome or temporomandibular joint disorder affects the jaw muscles and nerves and is caused by an injury to the temporomandibular joint; this affects many Canadians. Symptoms of this disorder include:
1) Jaw pain, especially in the area of the joint
2) Popping or clicking of the jaw
3) Ear pain, loss of hearing
4) Ringing or popping sounds in the ears
6) Blurred vision
7) Tight or sore jaw and/or neck muscles
8) Shoulder pain
9) Locking or dislocation of the jaw (usually after yawning widely)
Healing this problem can be very difficult. There can be various factors causing the issue. Successful cures may involve other specialists such as Massage Therapy, Chiropractors, Physiotherapy, & Physicians.
Proper treatment begins when the issue is correctly investigated and diagnosed. We will complete a detailed and accurate assessment of the issue in order to correctly resolve the problem and provide advise on the appropriate therapy.